Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Status: Inactive-ish >2018 (66 sessions since January 2015)
This campaign started in January 2015, This campaign runs Pathfinder. This is also a good source: D20PSRD.
- Aerik Ulriksson, the "barbarian" 
- Alfgar, the Inadvertent Demon Slayer 
- Aimee Ashmore, the sniper 
- Arnos Mahlinor, the elven wizard
- Domon of the Hunter, the Sickle war mage
- Fizzgig, Master of Alchemy 
- Jorg of Gwennport, the specialist 
- Lomduin, the Mercenary 
- Malkor Conradin, the fighting spiritualist
- Nemrab Arthorn - Elderly father of the Arthorn house, abstained from leadership. Interested in books and dwarven history.
- Hariteikhartz- The young red dragon.
- Denwell - Man obsessed with erradicating demonic influence.
- Thorn Pepperbug - Pixie who likes Aerik, thorns and alcohol. Not necessarily in that order.
- Blossom of Southshore / Cecilia of Highcross - Courtesan who followed party out of Southshore.
- Read the introduction, it briefly explains the setting and what races are available.
- Handy guide for character creation.
- The 15 point-buy is used.
- Some help to make the actual character background.
House Rules Used
[ edit ]
- Traits - Maximum 2.
- Drawbacks - Maximum 1. Gives a Trait.
- Flaws - Maximum 1. Almost all of them are ok (including third party stuff), but you have to check with me first. That link is just one (good) example.
- Damage Conversion (AC) - Armoured characters converts some lethal damage to nonlethal as in Unearthed Arcana (with a small fix).
- Hero Points are introduced at lvl 3.
- Damage and healing - Increased detail to go with wounds, primarily. There's now also an incentive to sleep comfortably.
- ALL MAGIC IS x2 COST. That includes enhancements on items, scrolls, potions, services, ALL! It also means that the material cost in crafting magical items is higher.
- Masterwork - Partly added to make up for a lack of magical weapons. These non-magical items packs a punch!
- Environment - Rules for sleep deprivation and hunger/thirst.
- Starting above lvl 1: Max 50% of wealth on 1 item.
- Recommend: Weapon 25% - Armour 25% - Other magic 25% - Consumables 15% - Ordinary/coins 10%
- Hit Points - My thoughts about traditional roleplaying Hit Points.
- Pazio GM stuff
If Anything is Unclear
- See the full IPO Timeline for more information.
- Session 16 - Looking for Work
- Party does various things around town until evening (17:30).
- Aerik approached by Zigil. Wants help from Ulfang the assassin from the Shadows from Southrealms (described as "grey"). Offers 1000g.
- Aimee sends letter. Aerik provides pheasants (19:00).
- Party talk to Tobo (bowyer and woodcraftsman who can also make crossbows).
- Party died in Westwatch. "Perhaps you can help?" An aristocrat was behind it. "Perhaps later; Mayor first."
- Tobo also approached by Zigil. Ulfang from Northrealms. Jorg tells how a hit would be from Shadows. Odd.
- Aerik & Arnos heads to Hark. Brings beer (21:30).
- Hark tells of Heron dagger. Owner of equipment was Thrar Quickhand. Sword name: Flesh Eater. Was once magical.
- Kelly wakes people (06:00). Breakfast.
- Borrows horses from mayor. 17h travel. 10h/day planned (tiring). Leaves (07:30).
- Comes across ghouls. 8 ghouls, 1 ghast (15:30). Party attacks.
- Session 17 - Camping With Pixies
- Finish up after combat. Jorg makes necklace of the ears (15:40).
- Talk to scared village (16:00). Ulf Asmundsson is elder. Offers food & Lodging.
- Leaves village (18:30).
- Aerik starts hunting, Jorg starts scouting (21:30), 1h. Then bed (22:30).
- Aerik starts fire and breakfast (05:00). Jorg puts ghoul ears in Aerik's sleeping bag.
- Party moves on. Aimee scouts (06:00).
- Aimee finds a wild boar. Tries to kill, climbs tree (11:35). Party helps. Cooks meat + saves lots.
- Keeps going (13:30), goes for another 2.5h (16:00). Finds camp (17:00). Poles, traps & caltrops.
- Kelly returns; charmed an eagle that will help (18:00).
- Starting to go to bed (20:30). Massive goblin appears and screams (21:00). Party attacks full force.
- Aerik falls through gobling "Wow! Great! You did a GREAT job this is exciting!"
- Thorn: I am so sorry, I will make sure they don't get to you." ... "ONE two three four!"
- Session 18 - The One That Got Away
- BACKDATE: Malkor - Helps Wellbarrow Mayor to protect prep for spring solstice. Gets someone for Villa Clara. Heads off to Southshore.
- Buys horse from Rive with promise buy it back if needed. Also saddle.
- Party falls asleep with Thorn guarding (21:10).
- Malkor arrives close to camp (23:00). Hears a weird "ONE two three four". 3 shots: sleep.
- Party wakes up. "I got one!" (06:00) ..."That is Malkor. You know him, come on!" Thorn is ashamed.
- Thorn scout? "Yes, sure! But... I know that when patrolling you say 'one two three four', but what do you say when scouting?"
- Party moves.
- Finds a patrol (2 mutant, 1 ranger, goblin dog & small). Discuss plan of action (09:30).
- Ambushes patrol, is crushed. Malkor curb stomps goblin. "Save the ears!" Moves on.
- Jorg sees another patrol (2 mutated, 1 druid, 1 companion), quite far away. Party prepares (10:10).
- Attacks (10:20). Little bit of a fight (not really) druid gets away.
- Session 19 - Bravely Ran Away Away
- Heads back to horses, Jorg scouts behind. Moves towards camp (10:40). Reach camp (11:20).
- People hear screaming from away: "They are 50!" Jorg is running. Party heads towards Prijpe.
- Hounds catch up (11:50). Kills them. Malkor almost dies.
- Quick loot and continue onwards (12:00).
- Session 20 - Negotiations
- Painful forched march to Prijpe. Arrives (17:30). Rane Ulfsson in charge.
- Talks & tactics. Malkor treated by Linda (healer). Runners to neighbours & Southshore.
- Fortifies and Jorg, Aimee & Robin scouts. In total, 13 men, 7 women and 12 "children".
- Aimee returns (20:30). Goblins are 30 min away. Jorg comes 15 min after: They are 40 (incl 4 mutants) and 4 hounds.
- Aerik shoots 1 goblin, Thorn makes large golem and Krixlin speaks. They are made to regroup.
- Party SLEEPs (21:00).
- Awoken as Krixlin & 2 mutants come from East side (23:00).
- Negotiations. Krixlin wants BigBoss dead. Promise to not attack towards Prijpe or Southshore.
- Aimee & Jorg is to assassinate a number of goblin scouts (loyalists), then going to BigBoss and ambush tomorrow.
- A mutant goblin left as hostage to calm villagers.
- "We disagree but in this case I think we can trust each other." "Well, you are interesting." (23:59)
- Session 21 - Assassinations
- Aerik tells situation to party (23:59). Decide to kill BigBoss.
- Aimee & Jorg kills 20 goblin loyalists (04:30) and rest of party attacks/scares them off (08:00). Pursuits.
- Sets up camp 3 hours from goblin camp (14:00). SLEEPs 8 hours (22:00). Travels rest of the way.
- Jorg scouts ahead (01:00). Finds single goblin. Deals with. Talks to Krixlin about plan.
- Jorg informs party and all set up ambush (02:00).
- Ambushes BigBoss with lots of other goblins. Krixlin happy.
- Loot and leave (02:15).
- Session 22 - Back in Southshore
- 02:15 (Day 24)
- Heading home (02:15). Moves 3 hours, SLEEPs 8 and then 6 more. Arrives in Prijpe (19:15).
- Explains what happened. Festivities with beef. Malkor sent to Southshore to stop any army.
- Farewells include Kelly giving 15 gold to the village for stuff. Party leaves for Southshore (10:00). Arrives at 18:00.
- Exchanges ears for money at Mayor Nicholaes Van Herdt. Told of pact. "But where are they coming from"?
- More socialising. Nicholaes mentions the Karhun Ruins, but there is no interest within the party. Aerik tries to get him to treat villagers better - "scouting resource".
- Nicholaes wants help get family artefact back (mirror). Pay "a lot" for its return, and a small farm. Suspects: De Geloes and De Tolna.
- Aimee snoops house while Aerik talks weapons with Nicholaes. Finds prepped windows lock.
- Good night (22:00).
- Party wakes after 8h SLEEP (08:00).
- Aimee speaks to Jorg and Arnos about the mirror. They decide to investigate further. Aimee "investigates" bedchamber with Butler Robert. "Finds" the pin.
- Session 23 - A Wild LEATHER Appears!
- BACKDATE: Jorg - Visited by Jantina. Warning from Reen. Head of De Goeles family to die.
- Jorg scouts (wrong) house but doesn't risk it.
- Jorg has a "final warning" from Reen. Needs to kill De Goeles head for free.
- Breakfast (08:00-09:00). Nemrab suggests diplomacy. Robert to book lunch and tea bookings to check out De Goeles & De Tolna.
- Arnos, Jorg & Nemrab to De Goeles (12:00). Jorg sneaks around but is caught by Leather (Richard) and disabled (13:00).
- Meanwhile, Aerik and Aimee to Pilgrim's pub looking for clues. Aerik heads to Blossom. She is evasive. Promised work at Villa Clara (15g/month for 5 months) and anonymous move.
- Blossom explains intrigue (14:00). De Goeles and De Tolna each want mirror. De Goeles has it. Key around neck.
- Aerik & Arnos reconvenes at mayor's (14:45). Tells of Jorg/mirror. Butler Robert says Nicholaes will be a bit late.
- Time to head to the afternoon tea with De Tolna (15:30).
- Session 24 - Threats of Violence
- BACKDATE: Kelly & Aimee. "Henry" wants Kelly to come with to help dryad Idaise with Sapanon. "Villa Clara in a few days."
- Jantina tells Aimee De Tolna paid to steal mirror. More guards.
- Aimee pisses off Rive of Pilgrim's Pub.
- Domon appears. Is pointed out by Rive. Comes with to Mayor. Is a bit rude, generally.
- Arnos, Aerik & Domon talks of freeing Jorg (not his name though).
- Mayor is assaulted on the way home (18:30).
- Discussions. Arnos, Aerik, Domon & Richard (Leather). Mirror stolen. Talk of using Jorg as a specialist.
- Aimee finds out about Mayor (20:15).
- Robert is informed about Mayor and enrages (20:45) and heads to Burt. Party decides to protect De Goeles and De Tolna.
- Aimee, Aerik & Domon towards mob. Arnos to De Goeles.
- Aimee halts mob. Domon enlarges Aerik. Intimidate.
- Arnos manages to get stolen mirror. De Goeles flees. Presents it to Burt ("DE-TOL-NA!"). Diplomatically gets them to stop. Look in woods.
- Aimee warns De Tolna (21:05). De Goeles is then on a wagon out.